Saturday, March 27, 2010

Texas!

I took a really short, really fantastic trip to Texas a couple weeks ago with the idea to cram as much western stuff as possible into three and a half days. My friend Alessandra was more than obliging! I went to the rodeo, two-stepped with real cowboys, ate barbecue and crawfish, got an awful sunburn at the beach (not so good) and picked up a couple expressions ("he's all hat and no cattle!"). I've also said "y'all" more than once since returning to New York. So efficient!
Tonight I flipped through a notebook I'd finished just before the trip, and the margins were full of cowboys (and cowgirls). So school got thrown by the wayside for a minute (a couple hours) for some photoshop drawing. There should be more to come. Mutton busting is way too crazy a thing to not draw...

2 comments:

Adam said...

Cowboy Mike!

Ansley said...

muah ha ha! found your blog, friend. inspires me to re-start mine. subscribing!